To ensure that our hospital can provide the highest quality of services, we present you with a copy of the Patient's Rights, so that you can read them and give us your feedback in the satisfaction survey you may fill in and return during your discharge from the hospital.
- The right to health care services, compliant with the current medical knowledge, and to immediate medical assistance in the case of life-threatening conditions,
- The right to obtain a second opinion of a doctor or a nurse, in the case of any doubts about the diagnosis or therapy,
- The right not to receive information about the medical condition, therapy or tests, even if consent was previously granted,
- The right to confidentiality of information related to each patient. The patient can but does not have to authorize the service provider to disclose information to third parties,
- The right to free choice of treatment procedures and provider, made on the basis of reliable medical information,
- The right to express informed consent to obtain health services,
- The right to be informed about one's medical condition, conducted tests, prognosis, treatment options, risks connected with the chosen therapies, medicaments and substitute therapies, in particular on one's rights as a patient - all information should be expressed in an understandable manner,
- The right to respect for privacy and dignity, including the dignity of dying, to security, respect for the patients' time, and avoiding unnecessary pain and suffering,
- The right to access to medical documentation concerning the patient's condition and provided health services,
- The right to respect for private and family life, to receive visits, have contact with relatives and the additional care provided by them, irrespective of the time of day,
- The right to pastoral care, according to one's religion,
- The right to claim one's rights.
The full version of the Patients' Rights is available
- at Admissions,
- at the Reception,
- in the nurses' rooms on the wards.
Violation of the Patient's Rights: if any of the Patient's Rights has been violated, please inform:
- head of the ward,
- Representative for Patient Rights at the Ujastek Obstetrics and Gynaecology Hospital, Paula Buszkiewicz, manager for nursing, standardization and patient safety affairs firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ethics Committee: email@example.com