Indications for caesarean section
Indications for caesarean sections are conducted by Head of the Department, together with Assistants on every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 11.00 a.m.
Patients should schedule an appointment in advance at the main registration desk (telephone: 12 685 54 00) and appear on the scheduled day with a referral from an attending doctor.
How to prepare a layette?
The bag for mother sould contain:
- dressing gown
- slippers / slip flops
- 2 towels
- large sanitary towels
- moisturizing wipes
- still mineral water in a bottle with a spout
The bag for father should contain:
- footwear to change into
- mineral water
- something sweet
Please pack two bags for baby
One bag should contain:
- 4 baby muslin squares
- 2 sets of clothes (optional: sleepers, jackets, tops, bodysuits, rampers)
- socks, gloves, hats – 2 pcs.
- a pack of disposable nappies 3-6 kg
- a blanket
The second bag should contain things for the Newborn, which must be brought to the Room for Newborns in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
This bag should contain:
- noonie / swaddle blanket
- 2 baby muslin squares
- a set of clothes (top, jacket, sleepers/bodysuit, rampers)
- 10 nappies
- moisturizing baby wipes
Just before the delivery
Before caesarean section you should take off any jewellery, and valuables should be given to the family.
In the Intensive Care Unit the Patients are asked to change clothes after bathing into a hospital gown provided by the Hospital personnel, put on a bathrobe and slippers / flip flops.
Other belongings should remain with an accompanying person. After the caesarean section all belongings will be brought to the recovery room.
Please inform your midwife / nurse in the ICU about carrying out or not the following: shaving, enema, allergy to medications or other health problems, specific expectations, such as cord blood collection.
Please be advised that in the Intensive Care Unit the telephone contact is limited and visits are strictly prohibited in view of safety and comfort of Patients.
Upon admission to the Hospital, please bring with you:
- proof of identity: ID, passport or driving license (school ID in the case of minors)
- original document from the blood-typing
- pregnancy notes
- Wassermann test (WR)
- test result for HBs
- current tests (urine, morphology, sugar levels) valid 2 weeks
- vaginal swab made in 34-36 gestation weeks for Streptococcusagalactiae (GBs) and all the tests and documentation of pregnancy